Tetra Pak’s packaging material factory in Lahore, Pakistan, has received the world’s top award for manufacturing excellence. In doing so, it becomes the 24thfactory worldwide to win the prestigious award.
Appraised by the Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance, the World Class Total Production Maintenance (TPM) Award is presented to facilities that have achieved outstanding levels of production quality, reliability, efficiency and environmental performance.
“This Award is a tremendous recognition for the hard work, dedication and focus of our Lahore team.The stringent assessment process covers the entire operation from the shop floor to the executive boardroom. The award can only be achieved by firms demonstrating a true company-wide commitment to production distinction” saidMr. Jorge Montero, MD Tetra Pak Pakistan. Reiterating the significance of the award, Mr. Mansoor Zaman, Factory Director Pakistan stated “This is the first factory in Pakistan to reach this level of manufacturing excellence. We are extremely proud to establish world class standards in the country which not only enhances the confidence of our customers to work with a reliable partner but also identifies the potential of our employees to match the highest level of professionalism which can exist in the world”
This is the third time in four years that a Tetra Pak facility has received this award, following the 2016 and 2018 successes of its Gornji Milanovac factory in Serbia and the Izmir Factory in Turkey.
With an annual capacity of more than 10 billion packs, the Tetra Pak Lahore factory produces 29 different packaging products. Last year, of the 6.4 billion packages produced, 22% were exported to customers in 21 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, with a delivery lead time of 25 Days.
Notes to the Editor
- The Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance (JIPM) introduced Total Production Management (TPM) in 1971, which has since been widely recognised as the ultimate method of pursuing production management excellence.
- Only 24 factoriesworldwide have received the World Class TPM Award since 1999, out of which 8 are in Japan.
- The Lahore factory is the third among Tetra Pak’s packaging material plants to receive this top award from JIPM following the Serbian factory (2016) and the Turkish Factory (2018).
- The JIPM award system judges the results of a plant’s activities and presents awards at five progressive levels: Excellence, Consistency, Special, Advanced Special and World Class. On average, it takes about 10 years for a plant to go from the first to the highest level.
- Tetra Pak Lahorefactory started its cooperation with JIPM in 2005and received its first Award for JIPM Excellence in 2007.
- Out of the 29 Tetra Pak packaging material factories currently in operation worldwide, 27 have received one or more TPM Awards. Half of these awards are Advanced Special, and three are World Class TPM.
ABOUT TETRA PAK
Tetra Pak is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 160 countries. With over 25,000 employees around the world, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business.
Our promise, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™,” reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere. More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapak.com